About the Dragonstar Collection
The Dragonstar Collection focuses on content to do with the short poem below:
Even within the depths of darkness,
There is a light that is not godless,
A shadow stands strong to protect,
The light which we may reflect.
Forged in blood and fire, a newly made blade is imbued with a soul.
Lost in blood and tears, a forgotten soul shall rise once more to glory.
Even lost in despair,
Life endures with a prayer,
While death may yet approach,
The void cannot encroach.
A shadowy bargain is struck, and destiny’s wind blows ever onwards.
The chains of destiny lie broken amidst the winds of war and glory.
The differences that make us unique,
Must not make us weak,
United we stand,
Ready to face whatever is planned.
Only through unity can they overcome adversity. But is it worth it?
The dragon rises ever higher against the darkness seeking godhood.
Before the Guardian,
Even the void can be overrun,
The pantheon chose wrong,
Yet, in faith, we stand strong.
Seize the mantel of the goddess lest it is forgotten.
Forge allegiances with both the dark and the light.
Lives may be broken,
Truths left unspoken,
Bereft the sands of time,
Their bond shall shine.
The guardian is bound by the sands of time no longer.
Power to yet defy all of the gods in the heavens.
Interested? Then pick up a book!
- Follow Solomon’s story with The Forgotten Prince Series
- Follow Kruonai’s story with The Forgotten Princess Series
- Follow various characters in the standalone books tagged with Tales of the Forgotten
- Follow the story of the infinite dragonflight in Blood of the Time God
The collection is under active development. Check back often for updates! Want to receive updates as new content becomes available?
The Forgotten Prince Series
This series of novels follows the adventures of Solomon, a dragonkin mageknight with a god-complex.
- The Forgotten Prince Series - Book 1, Forged in Darkness (Launching July 2022)
- The Forgotten Prince Series - Book 2, By Fire Be Purged (Planned)
- The Forgotten Prince Series - Book 3, Power Divided (Planned)
- The Forgotten Prince Series - Book 4, Mantel of the Goddess (Planned)
- The Forgotten Prince Series - Book 5, Binding The Sands Of Time (Planned)
The Forgotten Princess Series
This series of novels follows the adventures of Kruonai, a warrior princess with a vendetta.
- The Forgotten Princess Series - Book 1, Lost in Darkness (Planned)
- The Forgotten Princess Series - Book 2, Broken Chains (Planned)
- The Forgotten Princess Series - Book 3, Rise of the Dragon (Planned)
- The Forgotten Princess Series - Book 4, Treacherous Allegiances (Planned)
- The Forgotten Princess Series - Book 5, Power To Defy The Gods (Planned)
Tales of the Forgotten
This series of novels follows the adventures of various characters from Solomon or Kruonai’s tales. These are structured as collections of short stories assembled as books. Currently, between five and seven books are planned.
Blood of the Time God
This series of novels follows the adventures of the infinite dragonflight as they try to discover their place. This will be a five book series.
About the Author
Justine Celeste Fox (they/she) is a writer based out of British Columbia, Canada. While they specialize in distributed computing and system integration, their true passion is writing epic and high fantasy. They draw inspiration from their local region and a combination of anime and video games.
Solomon granted Justine the title “Chronicler of the Infinite Fates”.
Justine has been planning the Dragonstar Collection since 2006. They are excited to publish materials as each product is completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
- When will you release your next book? It depends on several factors. I work a full-time job to pay the bills and work part-time as an instructor specializing in cloud computing. So the more books folks purchase, the higher your chances that I decide to write full time.
- Where do you get your ideas? A mixture of my favourite video games, anime, and books. Legend of Zelda is definitely high up there in the video game category. I watch too much anime, so I would likely die if told to just pick a favourite or two.
- What is your writing process like? Sit in front of a computer screen while crying tears of blood until I give up and binge watch a season of anime, usually something in the isekai category or slice of life with magic! Then suddenly during a bad ass boss fight, realize exactly how I want the scene to be read and drop everything to write.
- What advice do you have for writers? Do not tell people that you sacrifice children for the dark lady. They might take you seriously.
- Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book? Ideally, I want each book to be able to be read standalone but with deep interconnecting materials between each book. For books published as a series, the narrative is connected but each book should be enjoyable in its own right.
- How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have? I would say many, but really depends on how you define many. More than thirty, less than forty. Right now, I need to just focus on finishing the one I am working on.
- Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find? Yes.
- How long on average does it take you to write a book? If I was writing full-time, rather than on the odd evening and weekend, likely around one year per 450 page novel.
Want to know more about Justine? Message Justine through LinkedIn or Twitter and they will update these questions and answers as needed.
Meet the team
Creating all the materials for the Dragonstar Collection requires numerous different skills. Learn about the team.